We want to make it as easy as possible for you to start a new club for students. Unfortunately, there are a few steps you must take before you have a fully functioning society or sports team.
Start by thinking about these three things;
- Who is going to help me run my sports team or society?
- Is there already a sports team or society organising the kinds of events that I want?
- Who is going to join my sports team or society?
To start a Society of Sports Team you will need;
- An idea for a club or society that does not already exist
- You need a minimum of three committee members (president, treasurer and secretary) who will lead the new group for the rest of the academic year
- 16 other students who will register their interest in this new group being formed
If you have these three things, then you can fill out our registration form.
Click here to be taken to the society registration form
Click here to be taken to the sports team registration from
You will then need to submit a completed constitution, risk assessment and budget - we will be contacting Societies and Sports Teams soon with these documents so keep your eyes peeled!
After you have completed these steps, you are officially a society/sports team! New clubs are entitled to a stall at the Freshers’ Fayre which happens in September to help you attract members.