SOAS Students' Union Elections
1. Elections Overview
2. Upcoming Elections
3. Spring 2021 By-Election: Results
4. Election Contacts
SOAS Students' Union holds annual elections in the Autumn and Spring terms to elect our 4 full-time Sabbatical Officers and 17 part-time Executive Officers. We also hold separate Autumn elections for our Student Reps, with more information on these elections available from our Student Reps minisite.
All members of SOAS Students' Union are allowed to run and vote in an SU Election!
The timeline for our elections typically runs as follows:
- Nominations Open: You can begin to nominate yourself for a position in the election
- Nominations Close: The deadline by which you must have completed your nomination to run in the election
- Candidate Meeting: A compulsory meeting for all nominees to discuss the election rules
- Campaigning Starts: You can begin campaigning
- Candidate Hustings: Students get the opportunity to ask you questions at a publice meeting (Spring elections only)
- Voting Opens: Students can start voting in the election
- Campaigning Ends and Voting Closes: The deadline for students to have submitted votes
- Complaints Deadline: The deadline for any complaints to be received, typically 1 hour after voting closes
- Results Announced: We announce the results of the election!
Nominations and voting are done online through this web page. This page will be updated closer to the date of the next election with links you'll need to nominate yourself and vote!
Interested in running?
There are no more SU Elections scheduled for the 2020/21 academic year.
Check back in September 2021 for the details of upcoming SU Elections!
- Krizzel Mapaye: 19 votes (elected)
- R.O.N.: 1 vote
There were no candidates for Accommodation Officer, Trans* & Gender Identity Officer, or Working Class Students Officer. An election will be held for these roles in October 2021 during the SU Autumn Election.
Any questions or complaint relating to this election please contact the Elections Clerk, Jack Di Francesco (email@example.com).