What is a Union Elections?
When's the Next Union Election?
How to Engage in Union Elections
Important Election Documents
SOAS Students' Union is run for students, by students. Union Elections are the way in which students can run and vote for who you'd like to see represent you as your full-time Sabbatical Officers and part-time Executive Officers.
SOAS Students' Union holds elections every Autumn and Spring. Our next upcoming election is:
SOAS SU Autumn Election 2021
||10am, Monday 11th October 2021
||10am, Monday 25th October 2021
||12pm, Monday 25th October 2021
||1pm, Monday 25th October 2021
5pm, Friday 29th October 2021
||10am, Thursday 28th October 2021
||5pm, Friday 29th October 2021
||6pm, Friday 29th October 2021
||6:30pm, Friday 29th October 2021
- Nominate Yourself: Interested in running for an Officer position in SOAS Students' Union? Make sure to nominate yourself (below) before the appropriate deadline by submitting a photo and manifesto. Once you're nominated, we will contact you to let you know the next steps - and remember to read our Elections Handbook to find out everything about the election process!
- Vote: During the election voting dates (above) you can cast your votes! Using the election widget (below) you can view all candidate manifestos and cast your vote. All students can vote in SOAS Students' Union elections, however only students who identify as part of a liberation group can vote for liberation officer roles - to do this you will need to self-identify with the relevant liberation group on the election widget (below).
- Officer Role Descriptions: Find out more about each of our Officer roles available here, or speak to one of our current officers.
- Research Students Association Descriptions: Find out more about the RSA and the roles available here.
- Election Handbook: The most important document to read if you're interested in running in a SOAS SU election!
This handbook goes through the election process in great detail to make sure all potential candidates fully aware of all aspects of our election process. Please make sure you read this.
- Manifesto Guidance: If you're interested in running in an election make sure to read this to find out more about how to write a manifesto.
- Complaints Form: Do you have a complaint about the way a Union Election has been run, or about the conduct of a candidate in an election? Complete this form and submit it to our Election Clerk (below) before the Complaints Deadline (above).
For any questions relating to Union Elections, or any issues with voting in an election, please contact our Elections Clerk:
Jack Di Francesco | Governance, Communication & Sustainability Coordinator | firstname.lastname@example.org