Activities for elected Student Representatives
Core training session
£0.00 (Student Rep)
Please log in to buy tickets.
Remember to go to 'basket' and complete check out
Core Training (B)
When: Mon 25 October 2021 14:00-16:00
Student Representative Core Training Session:
This training session is core for all new and returning Student Representatives and will run for 2 hours with a 15 minute break. Every Rep should attend one of these sessions based on their availability. Places are allocated on a first-come, first-serve basis and each session is limited to 25 attendees.
After attending this training session, you will have an understanding of:
- What a Students’ Union is and what SOAS Students’ Union does
- What student representation is and what SOAS student representatives do
- The optional roles and responsibilities Reps can undertake and why they are important
- What Departmental Meetings, Student-Staff Forums and the monthly Student Feedback Panel (SFP) are and when to take issues to these forums;
- The support and enquiry pathways available to Reps and when to seek a direct resolutions to student concerns;
- The digital communication tools available to Reps and how these can support the work Reps undertake;
- The importance of self-care and establishing boundaries as a Rep;
- And, the optional training sessions Reps are able to attend, why these are important and how to join.
We look forward to seeing you at one of these sessions and if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
To set up notifications use the Rep google calendar