Who are you?
The Christian Union (CU) is a Christian-run society bringing together people from different beliefs and backgrounds.
What do you do?
We meet every Thursday evening (6:30pm - see social media for rooms) to hang out, have snacks and hear a bit of the Bible. There is chance to discuss and dissect what we read in an informal, unpressured way, looking to see how God’s Words are still relevant and applicable to our lives as SOAS students.
We also hold weekly prayer meetings on Tuesday mornings (8:30am - JCR), put on regular talks/ events, and have plenty of time for getting to know each other better through socials and meals out.
Why do you do all that?
As Christians who love Jesus and want to follow what He teaches and how He loved others, we strive to serve those around us as best we can - both Christian and non-Christian. The gospel of Jesus is “good news” for everyone (Mark 1:1)! As such, everyone at SOAS should be able to have the opportunity to hear, understand and respond to it.
So if you are already a Christian, we want to welcome you, enjoy your fellowship, encourage you (as you will us), and help you along the crazy, challenging, exciting path that SOAS will take you on.
If you wouldn’t call yourself a Christian, we want to welcome you even more! Because we really do believe there is nothing more amazing, more satisfying, more rewarding, than knowing Jesus. And our aim is to give you the chance to see that as we get to know you.
Who can come?
Absolutely anyone. Whether you’re a firm believer, curious skeptic, staunch atheist or just interested to find out more about our faith, you would be so welcome! We like to keep things casual, so just rock up anytime. Got a question you want to grill a Christian with? Bring it to our next meeting! Looking for someone to pray with? We’d love to do that! Just want someone to chat to? We’ll be here!
Where do I sign up?
Make sure to sign up with us on the SU site to get our weekly email and stay right on top of meetings and events. You can also join us on our Facebook/ Instagram pages below for any extra bits. Or just come and find us during Freshers or turn up to one of our meetings. Looking forward to meeting you!
- Don’t be put off if you struggle to make meetings/ events. We understand - uni life is busy! Don’t let that get in the way of things though. If you’d like to be involved in some way, let us know and we’d be more than happy to meet up.
- Interested, but unsure of an ‘official’ Bible study? Again, let us know and one of us would be delighted to meet up for a coffee (on us) and chat about whatever you’d like, with the offer of just opening up the Bible a bit and seeing what it says always open.
- Facebook: https://en-gb.facebook.com/soascu/
- Facebook group: https://m.facebook.com/groups/6171588223?ref=bookmarks
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/soas.cu/