The Research Student Association (RSA) and departmental Student Rep system need volunteers. There are lots of positions to put yourself forward for - some RSA roles were newly created from this year. The changes are going to make the RSA and rep system more effective and engaged in all the processes, the decision-making, and structure and development of SOAS researchers. Exciting times.
- We need a mimimum of an MPhil and a PhD rep per department; or up to one rep per year of study per department.
See who your representative is under the link for the departments (above)
Research Students Association: visit the school research site for more information
These listed positions are to be elected via the Student’s Union October election process. Only research students will be able to vote.
Nominations and voting is done through the SU main site: https://soasunion.org/elections/
Nominations: 3rd Oct 11am to 11th Oct 3pm
Voting: 13th Oct 5pm to 17th Oct 1pm
- Secretary: produces meeting agendas; monitors attendance and quoracy; takes and ciculates minutes of decisions/ actions/ responsibilities; shares minutes with committee, Doctoral School and on Moodle.
- Treasurer: supervision of RSA income and spending; maintains financial records; communicates with S.U and Doctoral School to coordinate funds appropriately; prepares annual budget & plan with Chair.
- Journal Chief Editor: plan / oversee production of the RSA Journal; coordinate plan with Treasurer journal’s budget; do call out for, and appoint, additional editors; delegate editorial tasks
- Events and Activities Officer: leads organization of RSA events and activities, inc at least one gathering/party per term; promotes activities so researchers are can participate, coordinates budget for events and activities with Treasurer.
- Communications Officer: composes monthly email to Research students on upcoming meetings, activities, events of interest, and Doctoral School info; creates and distributes materials (posters &c.), via message boards and social media channels; manages the RSA’s online / social media presence, is moderator of discussions, bringing to attention any relevant student questions / concerns.
- Travel, Insurance and Safety Officer: looks after fieldwork plans, liaises with school to ensure researchers safety is top priority.
- Faculty Representatives (x6): represents own Faculty on RSA Executive Board and Faculty Research Committee; reports relevant points between the two; coordinates with student reps from department level.
Page last updated: 17 Oct 2017 13:47